A shareholder of Deasey, Mahoney & Valentini, Ltd., Henri Marcel has extensive experience handling professional liability, insurance coverage, bad faith, wrongful death, motor vehicle, workers’ compensation, Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission, municipalities, and general liability matters for both primary and excess insurance carriers and corporations.
He has handled jury and bench trials in Pennsylvania and New Jersey state and federal courts.
Henri argued the case of Wu v. Spence, 605 A.2d 395 (1992), an informed consent matter, before the Pennsylvania Superior and Supreme Courts. He successfully defended a significant professional liability insurance coverage matter before the former Chief Justice of the California Supreme Court. And he successfully argued the case of U.S. Fidelity and Guaranty Co. v. Tierney Associates, Inc., 213 F. Supp. 2d 468 (M.D. Pa. 2002), a Pennsylvania uninsured motorist coverage matter before the federal court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
Before his legal career, Henri worked as a registered nurse in the neurology/neurosurgery department of the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
Fluent in the French and Creole languages, Henri also has a conversational knowledge of the Russian language.
- St. Joseph’s University (B.A. 1983)
- Villanova University (B.S. Nursing, 1986)
- Temple University School of Law (J.D. 1991)
- Deasey, Mahoney & Valentini, Ltd. (1998–Present)
- Law Offices of John J. Gallagher, P.C. – Philadelphia (1996–1998)
- Sereni & Lunardi – Broomall, Pa. (1991–1996)
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Department of Neurology & Neurosurgery, Philadelphia – Registered Nurse (1986–1991)
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- Philadelphia Association of Defense Counsel
Awards and Designations
- Associate Research Editor, Temple University Law Review
- Sigma Theta Tau – International Honor Society of Nursing